Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year - 2013!

First off let me say to everyone Happy New Year!  2012 closed out with a bang for me, and I'm expecting to have a big year in 2013.  With that being said, everyone has resolutions.  I'd like to share with you some of mine for 2013.

Catch a 6lb Smallmouth

I love my Smallmouth fishing, and with the bodies of water accessible to me, this is definitely an attainable goal.  Lake St. Clair, Lake Simcoe, Lake Erie - there was an almost 9lb smallie caught on Erie at the Frostbite tournament in November.  With dedication, this is a realistic resolution.

Maintain this blog a little better

I'll be the first to admit that I did NOT update this blog regularly enough.  Well, that has been and will continue to change.  I promise to bring you guys in depth reviews on products from Denali Rods, Ardent Reels, McCoy Fishing line, The Rod Glove and Angler's Choice baits.  My goal with these reviews will be to help make your decision process easier when selecting what products to give your hard earned money to.

Place top 5 in at least one tournament

For some, it might be place top 5 in ALL tournaments, but I want to be realistic.  Obviously, the goal is to win every tournament.  But, unless you're KVD, that's not always a possibility.  Last year was my first fishing competitive bass tournaments with the Tri Bay Bass Association, among others, and, although we didn't finish dead last, we didn't fare overly well either.  With what I was able to learn over the course of last season, and the support I have from some great companies, I think placing in the top 5 in one tournament would be the number one resolution I have this season.

Get my first bass boat

This one is probably the furthest resolution from reality I have haha.  With a wife, a 2 year old, a second little guy due in April, home renos and other things, unless I win the lottery, this might be a little far fetched.  But it's something I'm working towards and hey, I can dream can't I?

Promote my sponsors better than ever

Pro Staff stands for promotional staff not professional staff.  With that being said, I want to do my best to promote them through every avenue possible.  I have some big things in the works that will help me do this, debuting early summer.


So there they are, my resolutions for my fishing year in 2013.  I'd love to hear yours so feel free to comment what some of them are!

No comments:

Post a Comment